Do you know Snapchat is the most popular and frequently used social media site among the youth? Snapchat gained popularity day by day due to 360 million monthly active users. Snapchat had launched in 2011 at Stanford university.
Teenagers use Snapchat to take pictures and short videos for a short period. Once the receiver watches that video or picture, it will disappear automatically. Why do young people favor Snapchat more than any other platform?? Snapchat offers you daily snap videos and selfies along with hundreds of filters. It also allows you to share your live location with friends, relatives, or family.
Snapchat can easily disappear messages after a few moments. After the recipient sees the messages, Snapchat removes them immediately. However, there are multiple reasons to avoid Snapchat. Like Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, and Twitter, Snapchat has some drawbacks. Sometimes you may be too addicted to Snapchat. Snapchat can also affect your mental health. Another reason might be when one is concerned about online privacy.
Whatever the reason behind leaving the snap chat, it is simple to deactivate or delete a Snapchat account. It is advisable to download or back up your data before deleting a Snapchat account. In this article you will learn the following:
How to delete your Snapchat account from a web browser?
How to delete a Snapchat account from iOS?
How to reactivate your Snapchat account?
How to backup or download your data before deleting your Snapchat account?
How to delete a snap chat from a web browser?
If you want to delete snap chat account from any web browser, follow the procedure given below;
- Open your Snapchat account and move to Accounts Portal in your web browser.
- A screen appears in front of you in which snap chat app asking to enter your “username” and “password.”
- Click “log in” to your account.
- Select the option “Delete my Account.”
- Now, you have been asked to type your “username” and “password” again.
- Scroll down and select “Continue.”
- You have done it!
How to deactivate your iOS Snapchat profile?
Unfortunately, you cannot delete your Snapchat account from the android app. However, you can delete your Snapchat account using your iPhone;
Follow the instructions below if you want to delete your Snapchat account from iOS;
- Go to the Snapchat app on your iPhone.
- You can see your profile icon on the upper-left corner of the screen.
- Click the gear icon
- Go down and click “Account Actions.”
- You will be sent to the “Account Portal.”
- Next, you will type your “username” and “password.”
- Tap the “log in” button.
- Now select “Delete my Account.”
- The app will ask you for inputting your “username” and “password” again.
- Move below and tap “Continue.”
- Now tap “Done,” and your account is deleted.
Like all other apps, Snapchat also offers to restore your account. Snapchat doesn’t delete your account immediately, and you can reactivate your account within 30 days. But if you reactivate your account after 30 days, then Snapchat will permanently delete your account.
What happens if you delete your Snapchat account?
Following things happen after deleting your Snapchat account;
- Snapchat states that deleting an account “suspends your ability to other Snap account types.”
- When you delete your Snapchat account, all your snap videos, friends, chats, and stories are deleted.
- You also remove the settings for your Snapchat account and any device data and location information.
- When your Snapchat account is permanently deleted, you can no longer access your account or its data and settings (which would be 30 days after you submit the request to delete).
How to reactivate your Snapchat account?
If your mind has changed, and instead of deleting your account, you want to reactivate your account. Follow the steps below to restore your account before 30 days;
- Open your Snapchat account.
- Put all the contact details you had used to log in to your account before 30 days. ( Remember one thing you cannot use your email address to log in to your account right now. You can use your username to log in Snapchat account)
- The screen shows you have asked for you will want to reactivate your Snapchat account.
- Click the option “Yes.”
- The software needs some time. The servers will require some time to restore your account.
- Now tap “Login.” You’re finished!
How to Back up your data before deleting your Snapchat account?
You’ll retain all your important data if you reactivate your data within 30 days of deleting your Snapchat account. If you don’t want to lose your data and want to remove your Snapchat account permanently, what should you do?
Don’t worry. Snapchat has a solution for you. You can back up or download all the important data you want to keep. Follow the procedure below if you want to download your data before deleting your Snapchat account;
- First, open the Snapchat app and sign in to your account.
- If your Snapchat account has two-step verification, you may receive a notification. According to the notification, you need to enter a code.
- Select “My Data Link.”
- Go down below, and you will see an option “Submit Request.”
- To receive a file containing your Snapchat data, you must type your verified email address. Keep in mind that you will add the email address you enter before signing in to your account.
- You will now receive a link from Snapchat. By clicking that link, you can download your required data. The type of data that is to be downloaded may be;
- Customer profile
- Picture History
- Conversation history
- History of searches
- Bitmoji’s history of searches
How to Permanently deleted a Snapchat account
Your Snapchat profile will become fully invisible to your relationships once the deletion procedure begins. You only need to stay away from the application for 30 days after deactivating your Snapchat account to delete it permanently.
Your Snapchat account will be partially gone after this time, but it won’t be there, either. According to Snapchat’s privacy policies, they must keep some personal information on file for business, legal, and security reasons. This contains information about your purchases and the agreed-upon terms of service.
What Happens to My Streaks If I Delete The Snapchat App?
Snapchat has another special feature, “streak,” which people enjoy. Streaks are pictures and videos that Snapchat users can send to their friends and relatives daily. When you send a streak to someone, a score is established between you and others daily. You can achieve this streak by exchanging Snaps with a friend for three consecutive days.
In 24 hours, you must send or receive a streak to continue this streak;
You must send and receive at least one Snap per day within a 24-hour timeframe to continue this streak. The details about what will happen to your Snapchat Streaks if you delete the app are provided here.
- If you delete your Snapchat account, you will no more send or receive any streaks from your friends.
- But your friends will still be able to send you the snaps.
- The streak you want to keep will end after uninstalling Snapchat.
- Streaks, however, require a two-way exchange of images or videos; as a result, if you don’t respond with a Snap, you could be in threat of failing your friend’s Snap streak.
Snapchat keeps three kinds of information;
- All the data or information you input in the snap chat when making an account.
- Snapchat gets information like your location, device, and logs when using the app.
- The information gained from third parties (advertiser information, contact information from other users, data from apps that are linked to third parties)
Reasons for Deleting Snapchat
- The Danger of Screenshots
It is quite easy to take a screenshot of anyone in a photo doing any activity, but you are supposed to take screenshots with permission. And even Snapchat makers discourage you from taking screenshots without permission.
If you take screenshots without permission, you may worry that someone will notice or that your connections may eventually gather proof.It is vital to delete Snapchat from your phone, and the Snapchat app is a waste of time if you are the type of person who dislikes being exposed.
- Snapchat takes Time
If you are a person who likes Snapchat and is also polite, then you probably have to reply to other people and receive other messages or take pictures; it’s all waste of Time. If you have Snapchat pals, you can message them constantly and send them snaps.
However, you’ll also notice that messaging and talking to your friends takes a lot of time, and you’ll also spend Time alone. You must uninstall this app from your smartphone.
How to delete a Snapchat message?
The sender and recipient accounts are disrupted if you delete a Snapchat message. If the other user saved the conversation in their message thread, you won’t lose the conversation. If another user screenshots the chat, the message is removed.
How Is Removing Snaps Effective?
Snapchat messages are deleted once they have been sent. The message can still be deleted, though. A communication is removed by the recipient once it has been sent and received, not by the sender. It still functions even if the receiver has a chat saved in their message thread.
How to Change Snapchat to Delete After 24 Hours?
Snapchat is well known for its vanishing messages, as you might already be aware. This program is popular primarily because it doesn’t save any messages you send or receive. However, if you want to record conversations for a few hours so that you can recall the themes of the conversation, follow these steps:
- To open a settings menu, long press and hold the chat window.
- Go to the chat settings area and then select delete chat.
- Select the option for 24 hours following the viewing.
- Your photos will no longer be accessible to anyone else after 24 hours for both parties.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. After I delete my account on Snapchat, is any of my personal information kept?
Answer: Snapchat can keep your data when you quit the Snapchat app. The type of data that Snapchat has kept might be the number of purchases you have made from the app. The data is saved to your Snapchat account when you agree to Snapchat’s terms and policies. In this way, you allow the Snapchat app to keep your data even after you leave the app.
2. Does Snapchat notify my friends that my account has been deactivated?
Answer: Your friends will be unable to see your content if you delete your account. No notification lets people know that your account has been deleted or deactivated. Your account vanishes. You’ll need to find another way to inform your friends that your Snapchat account has been deleted.
3. Will all of my chats be deleted if I remove my Snapchat account?
Answer: Even if you delete your Snapchat account, anyone you have messaged on the app will still be able to see those messages. When you delete your account, only the content stored there is gone; the stuff sent to others remains.
4. Is it difficult to remove Snapchat?
Answer: Your Snapchat account can be deleted easily. Snapchat provides a 30-day delay between your request for deletion and its actualization because they make it simple. To reactivate your account, you can log on throughout the 30 days if you change your mind.
5. Does deleting Snapchat remove everything?
Answer: If you permanently deactivate your Snapchat account and don’t log back in within 30 days, your account’s connected data is also permanently deleted. All of the memories you might have kept over the years are deleted from the server, and your friends couldn’t locate you on Snapchat.
The process of deleting your Snapchat account is simple. In addition, Snapchat allows you to alter your mind and reactivate your account. This article explains how to deactivate your Snapchat account as well as how to activate it again. Before permanently deleting your account, Snapchat lets you download the data you want. We also outline the steps if you want to save your data. I hope this blog post is helpful to you!